The following resources are just a sample of what is available out there if you want to further expand your understanding about issues facing the marine environment or you would like to know more about reducing your impact on the marine ecosystems and species. They are meant to provide guidelines for better approaches to protecting the coasts, the seas and their inhabitants, while enjoying marine resources responsibly.
This is by no means an exhaustive list and the Blue World Institute does not necessarily endorse each or all of them; they are for information only.
If you would like to suggest additional materials, please send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to relate to your idea.
Marine Turtles Conservation:
- First Aid to Turtles (poster) and Detailed Guidelines;
- Handling by Fisherman
- Action Plan for the Conservation of Mediterranean Marine Turtles
Understanding Marine Ecosystems
Marine Ecosystem Services:
- Mapping Ocean Wealth
- Success Stories
- Blue Carbon
- Health Marine Ecosystems and realizing the UN Development Goals
Ted Talks and TedEd about the marine environment:
- Sustainable seafood? Let’s get smart
- Glimpses of a pristine ocean
- Could we speak the language of dolphins?
- How we wrecked the ocean
- Why are Sharks so Awesome?
- The survival of the sea turtle
- Why do Whales sing?
- What really happens to the plastic you throw away?
- The four fish we’re overeating — and what to eat instead
- Why fish are important
- Sherman’s Lagoon
- 2 minutes about the ocean
- Top infographics about the ocean
- Trashed – A documentary film about ocean plastic
- The end of the line – A documentary fil about overfishing
- The Cove – A documentary film about Dolphin hunting
- Planet Ocean – A documentary film about the role of marine ecosystems
- Sonic Sea (trailer only) – A documentary film about the effects of ocean noise
- Marine Litter – The problem and what you can do about it
- 10 ways to reduce your marine pollution
- Marine Debris (poster)
- Marine Litter – Graphical eBook
- Marine Litter Watch
- The Good Fish Guide
- Certified Seafood
- Seafood Watch
- What can you do – consumer, chef, or retailer?
- Online Training